I’ve been looking for some plugins, that would help WordPress users to display quotes on their Sites for quite some time now and I’ve found these 3 Plugins to be the best out there. Here are the details for you:
1) Perfect Quotes
An easy to use plugin for quotes and testimonials! It integrates easily using a widget or shortcode. It does quotes perfectly!
This plugin gives you the freedom to add quotes or testimonials to your site without having to connect to an external source for quotes. If you want to add a new quote, do just that, add a new quote. No more letting other people say your quotes for you. If you want to give your customers testimonials, this is a great plugin to do that, too!
- Widget based to easily place your quotes where you like.
- A custom shortcode is included if you want to place your quotes within a post or a page.
- Based on Custom Post types with its own admin menu.
2) Quotes Collection
Quotes Collection plugin with Ajax powered Random Quote sidebar widget helps you collect and display your favourite quotes in your WordPress blog.
Quotes Collection plugin helps you collect, manage and display your favourite quotations in your WordPress blog.
Features and notes
- Admin interface: An admin interface to add, edit and manage quotes. Details such as author and source of the quote, and attributes like tags and visibility, can be specified. The ‘Quotes’ menu in the WP admin navigation leads to the quotes admin interface.
- Sidebar widget: The Random Quote sidebar widget with Ajax refresh feature — you will be able to get another random quote on the same space without refreshing the web page. Following is the list of options in the widget control panel:
- Widget title
- Option to show/hide quote author
- Option to show/hide quote source
- Turn on/off the ajax refresh feature
- Choose random or sequential order for refresh
- Option to refresh the quote automatically
- Show only quotes with certain tags
- Specify a character limit and filter out bigger quotes
- Shortcode: Quotes can be displayed in a WordPress page by placing a
[quotcoll]shortcode. Few examples are provided below.
[quotcoll]in the page displays all quotes.
[quotcoll author="Somebody"]displays quotes authored by Somebody.
[quotcoll tags="tag1,tag2,tag3"]displays quotes tagged tag1 or tag2 or tag3, one or more or all of these
[quotcoll orderby="random" limit=1]displays a random quote
- The template function: To code the random quote functionality directly into a template file, the template function
quotescollection_quote()can be used. Please refer the plugin homepage or ‘other notes’ for details.
- Compatible with WordPress 3.0 multi-site functionality.
- The plugin suppports localization. Refer the plugin page or ‘other notes’ for the full list of available languages and the respective translators.
3) Flexi Quote Rotator
A plugin for displaying quotes or testimonials or other rotating snippets of content.
The flexi quote rotator plugin allows you to add quotations/testimonies to your site using a shortcode or php snippet in template or as a widget. Includes an administration settings page and provides styling flexibility.
You can use this plugin to display quotes or testimonials or other rotating snippets of content on your web site. The quotes are entered in the admin area and can be displayed using a widget, a shortcode or php snippet. The quotes will rotate with a fade transition on each changeover.
Out of these 3 quote Plugins for WordPress, if you ask me what my favorite is then I’d pick Perfect Quotes as I love it. If you have any queries regarding this, then please feel free to comment below.