Installing TASM in Windows is pretty easy. All you need is a Windows XP or 32-bit windows 7 or 8. If you have 64-Bit versions of Windows 7/8 then you can use this method or you can also install Oracle Virtual Machine or Windows Virtual PC.
What is TASM?
TASM is a Turbo Assembler that is used for Assembly language code to operate on Microprocessors(μP) like the 16 bit 8086.
STEPS TO INSTALL TASM
- Download this file and extract it’s contents into a drive.
- Then after extracting these files, paste the Disk 2 and Disk 3 folders into the Disk one folder and click on INSTALL.exe
- Set the required parameters and drive and location path to where the installation Disk 1 folder is located on your system.
- After the installation is complete now go to the Run in your Start Menu and then access cmd.exe from it(This will open the command prompt).
- Then after the command prompt window is open now type in the drive where TASM is present and then type in “ d: ” and press Enter. and then “ cd tasm5 “.
If you have problems installing TASM on your system, then your system software is incompatible with this version of TASM, which most probably implies that you are running a 64-bit OS for which you will need to download the software separately here,
If you have any queries please feel free to leave a comment below this post.