The Asus Z170 Deluxe Motherboard supports 2-way SLI technology for Gamers. Like most other motherboards, the Z170 also comes with a free SLI-bridge. As of the time this post was written, this is one of the best Motherboards for Personal Computing. Also this is one of the very few motherboards, that offer on board NVMe support through an m.2 slot and Hyperkit. The amazingly fast Intel 750 series SSDs can be interfaced with the Asus Z170 using the U.2 connector and the Hyperkit (needs to be connected to your m.2 slot on-board). You can also program function keys to switch to UEFI BIOS. This beats the Asus X99 Deluxe as it cannot support 6th Generation Intel i7 Processors. The audio section on this board, has shielding and also an amplifier.
- Supports Intel Skylake Processors (Intel LGA Socket 1151, 6th Generation 14nm)
- Supports upto 64GB of DDR4 memory with Over Clocking (O.C.) upto 3733 Mhz
- 2.5-in NVMe support through U.2 (previously SFF-8639) connector and Hyperkit + m.2 slot .
- PCI Express to m.2 adapter for an extra m.2 slot.
- 3 x PCle 3.0 (GEN3)
- 6 X SATA 6Gb/s
- SLI (2-Way) & 3-WAY CFX Support
- 2-way SLI bridge
- 6 USB 3.1 (1 Type C 5 Type A) ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports.
- 3×3 Dual – Band Wi- Fi 802.11ac + BT 4.0 and Wireless Antenna Adapters (External)
Note: The Asus Z170-Deluxe only supports one Titan Z as it already a Dual GPU in SLI and the z170-Deluxe only supports 2-way SLI. However, to achieve similar or even better results at times, you can have 2 nvidia Titan Xs in SLI mode using the 2-way SLI bridge.